February 25, 2013

Valentine Ornaments


This is the Valentine Tree I created this year. I start with a crystal vase and painted white twigs. To be honest, the vase was a wedding gift and I got the branches at a craft show like a gazillion years ago. I use these branches to accent TONS of things around my house throughout the year. As a matter of fact, it will soon become my Easter Tree. :) But this year saw it's debut for the Valentine holiday. I had a set of 10 wooden heart ornaments that I got on clearance at Hobby Lobby last year. For each heart, I covered the edges with assorted washi tapes. That was really easy to do and I think it gave the edges a nice clean finished look. Then I traced each side of the heart onto patterned paper and embellished away!  It's important to realize that each side of each heart has it's own imperfections, so to trace one then duplicate that would not work. Each side needed it's own pattern, but that was no biggie. I decorated both sides of the ornament too, as you can see in the photos. I really had fun creating these and now I have very unique ornaments for years to come!  As you can see, I added a few other Valentine-y picks to the display just for good measure! 




Miles of Smiles,

No comments: