March 21, 2011

BBTB2 Host This Week

Hi all!  As the host of the Bitten By the Bug2 challenge this week, I chose the cute dachshund cut from the Paisley cartridge. I thought I would create a scrapbook page using photos of my sweet little doxie, Spooky.  My Spooky boy is such a cuddler.  I took the photos when I got my new smartphone a few months ago.  I really liked the soft lighting all around him.  As a miniature doxie, he is like a perpetual puppy to us.  I cut out the dachshunds from a tan cardstock with a black top layer.  Afterall, my doxie is black and tan!  I tied some twine around each of their necks.  I embossed an aqua paper to back the photo on the right, with strips of crinkled bone paper behind it.  Each of the pics has a file folder label attached to the top, and dog phrases attached to the bottom. He's such a good puppy!  Go check out the other designers creations at BBTB2, as always they are amazing!



Miles of Smiles,

9 comments:

Maria said...

Great layout Melissa. Perfect way to showcase the cut :)

~JulieH~ said...

Oh Spooky looks so adorable Melissa! What a fabulous layout! Loved the cut you chose for us this week
Juliexx

DonnaMundinger said...

Adorable layout, Melissa and what a sweet doggie! Your Spooky looks as spoiled as our kitties. Don'tcha just LOVE furbabies? The cut looks just like him. Thanks for a great challenge. xxD

The Crazy Crafting Lady said...

He's so cute, I just want to jump thru the screen and squish him up in a big ole hug.

Melissa said...

Dachshund? I love them! I have a red smooth. Your dog is so handsome.

**Treefrog** said...

Oh Melissa this was such a FUN challenge, Thank You for choosing it! Your little doggie looks just like the image, I can see why you were so inspired, you have a great subject! I love the layout!
((Hugs)) Theresa

Jeri said...

Darling layout, Melissa. I had a great time working with the cut. Great choice! Your pooch is so adorable.

Susan Edwards said...

Melissa you layout is ADORABLE! Know I understand why you chose this cut! I loved this challenge, btw. It was such a fun cute and all of the poochies came out so cute. Great job, girlie!!!

xx Susan

A Little Time said...

Oh, I love this Melissa!! I love the splashes of yellow and your dogs are just so cute. I like that you did them in traditional colors. I couldn't get past the hot pink example in the book. ;)