August 22, 2011

Witchy Hall o' Hanging

Hi! This week's BBTB2 was to use a frame from Happy Hauntings (which I don't own) and a digi image from The Stamping Boutique.  The digi images are really fabulous! I chose this adorable witch and created a wall hanging for Halloween. I layered a Halloween printed cardstock over a black and purple striped cardstock. I cut the frame from Reminisce Accents backed with yellow cardstock. Before I glued the frame to the yellow cardstock, I wove and tied silver mylar bag filler strands through the frame.  I colored the image with colored pencils, markers, and gel pens. I added gold Stickles to accent the stars.  I attached the frame and image to the wall hanging with pop dots.  I embellished the frame with gold metal nail head stickers and pop dotted letters to spell "Boo."  Finally, I added orange eyelets to the top corners and threaded polka dotted ribbon through as a hanger. I am already so excited for Halloween, I cannot wait to start decorating!  Go check out the other BBTB2 girls' designs for this week's challenge and check out the other digi images from The Stamping Boutique!

Miles of Smiles,


9 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Too cute, Melissa! Love how you've made a non Halloween frame look spooky with the mylar and colors and your coloring is great. Such a fun wall hanging. xxD

Anonymous said...

So cute! Love the silver streamers!

Have a great day!

Curko said...

FANTASTIC!!!! I adore everything about your project. The colors and all the details tie together perfectly. Great job Melissa!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super fun and spooky! The frame looks great!

Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Jeri said...

What a fabulous home decor project, Melissa. I just love it. That's the best frame that you used. I'm going to have to keep it in mind it's so fantastic.

Carole Beath said...

Fantastic project.... something you can hang each year.... Love it.
Carole

A Little Time said...

Fantastic! Love this cute wall hanging. LOVE the addition of the tinsel (bag filler) to this. It makes it extra festive!

**Treefrog** said...

Oh my this is too Cute Melissa, don't you just love that Witch! And I Love that frame you used and did the wall hanging, what a Great idea! So many elements and they all look GREAT!
((Hugs)) Theresa

The Archiving Angel said...

Hi Melissa, just found your fantastic blog. I am your newest follower at the moment. I am sure you will have more.
Your creations are fun & fabulous.
I have enjoyed browsing through your blog and look forward to coming back again. That windmill is so unique & beautiful as is everything you have shared with us in blogland.
Keep generating those gems.
Crafty best wishes,
Sonia