March 4, 2015

New Year's Eve Time's Square!

New Year's Eve 2014, my hub and I were lucky enough to attend a party in Time's Square, New York City! It was one of the most AMAZING experiences of my life. The party was at Bubba Gump's right on Time's Square, with endless food and drink and THEE best spot to see the ball drop. I still get teary-eyed thinking about it cuz it was so surreal. We coordinated our outfits of polka dots with a pop of red. The hub was super cute with his red bow tie. We got compliments all night long. We witnessed another couple at the party get engaged at midnight. We saw the superstars perform on stage right outside, including Taylor Swift (eeeeek!) And she sang "Welcome to New York."  I could've died.  It was beyond perfect. And we met some cool gals from New Zealand. The image with all the confetti and the ball drop was taken by me as we stood outside. It was freezing that night! But we only went out every now and then and of course, to watch the ball drop. The rest of the time we were partying inside all toasty and warm. That's the way to do it. Those people who wait out on the street all day are crazy. We also did a little sight seeing while in NYC and we'd like to go back to visit when it's not below freezing. What a way to bring in the New Year. Afterall, it is the Year of Melissa, as I've dubbed my 40th year.  All good things.




No comments: