June 20, 2016

Patriotic Star


Here is a patriotic / nautical wooden star I decorated with Graphic 45 By the Sea papers, washi tape, and bling.

I traced a pattern for each section of the star to cut from paper. It took some planning because I wanted all the anchors situated in the same direction. I inked the edges with blue before gluing them down. I also added a band of washi tape around the edge of the star to finish off the border. I created a small rosette and attached it to the center of the star with a small tag on top. Then I added the bling star and swirls.

I really like how it turned out. I didn't measure it, but to give you an idea it's about 8" -9" tall. This is the star that's sitting on my piano as seen in the post about the paper fireworks.

Miles of Smiles,











No comments: