December 15, 2016

Birthday Card for the Hub

This is the birthday card I made for my husband. He loves Snoopy as the Flying Ace, so I found an svg to cut, put it together, and made it a Steampunk theme. He also loves the Steampunk look too. So I managed to incorporate two of his favorite things on one card. Points for me! lol  I used an architectural paper from Graphic 45 for the background and embossed it with a gears pattern, then highlighted he embossing with silver ink. I die cut two corners in matte gold cardstock and added screw brads. The larger background gears are die cut from a Tim Holtz die using bronze metallic cardstock. I used fancy brads on the helmet and goggles, added a bronze key, and metal gears wrapped in wire. I also used the wire on the goggles and the scarf. My husband loved the card.  His surprise birthday present was a ride in a glider plane, so I think the Flying Ace card fit right into the festivities!  The other photos are him getting ready for take off, in flight, and the glider plane with our BMW convertible.

Miles of Smiles,


No comments: