April 4, 2017

16th Birthday-Boy


I made this card for a friend's son who turned 16. Now usually, when you think 16th birthday you think "Sweet 16". That's great for a girl, but a little cheesy for a boy. So I decided "Super 16" was much more appropriate for a dude. I found some patterned map paper for the background, cut a black "iron" looking border, motorcycle and highway sign all on the Cricut. The motorcycle has some silver fine glitter paper to mimic chrome, with other layers of black, white, and patterned green. You can see up close that I used my bone folder to give the tires, handlebar, and seat some hash marks for texture. The highway sign originally said "dad" where the numbers are, but I removed the word and added the 3D numbers instead. Overall I like this card's colors and design, and I was still able to connect with a "new driver" but not with the usual car image. The motorcycle is a little edgier, and I really loved the highway sign displaying the birthday numbers. 





Miles of Smiles,

No comments: