November 15, 2007

Abundance

So Thanksgiving is only a week away. Can you believe it? I started working on some cards for the occasion. I had the idea that I wanted them each to have the same word on them, "Abundance", but I wanted to make each card different. It just seemed like a good word to use. Although it can relate to the abundance of the harvest at this time of year, it can apply to so many other things in our life: abunance of love, happiness, blessings, good health, friendships, and so on. At this time of year I like to reflect on all the wonderful blessings in my life. What is abundant in your life? What are you thankful for? Drop me a line and let me know. Maybe you will get some blessings in return!
So here is the first one I came up with. It's kind of a water color effect. The background paper actually has fall vegetables on it. I stickled the pumpkins and the silk flowers, and stapled some fall ribbon to the edge. The edges of the "abundance" tag roll up, but you can't really tell here. The pumpkins are attached with foam dots.

Miles of Smiles,
--Melissa