July 15, 2008

Cowboy Hat Challenge

The latest Bitten By The Bug Challenge was to use the cowboy hat. I really didn't know what I wanted to do with it. I cut it out in the brown distressed paper, inked the edges, and walked around with it in my hand. I held it at different angles, higher, lower, this way, that way.... I could put it on a person, or put it on an animal. "Nah. Too predictable", I thought. How about upside down? Could something be coming up out of the hat? An animal maybe? A puppy would look cute. How about flowers? And that's when I really got going. The card it pale yellow. I cut out the scalloped frame and inked the edges there too. It's hard to see, but there is a piece of embossed vellum (birds & swirls) within the frame. The "vine" is some sort of wired garland. I attached that with a brad beneath the hat. The hat is attached with foam squares. I punched out the flowers with 4 layers. The centers are yellow rhinestones that match the ones on the hat. The flowers are attached with foam too. I added the chipboard "grow" as if it were a plant pick. Go see the other designer's work at BBTB. Very cute!

Miles of Smiles,