February 23, 2010

February House

Here is my February Swap House. It is a paper mache' house from Hobby Lobby. My theme for this month is a Flower Shop. The roof comes off so the inside can be used for storage. I covered the house with pink floral paper and the gables with purple patterned paper. The stripes in the purple paper actually line up around the whole house. I added paper leaves as molding around the windows and "window box" flowers with pearl centers. I created a canopy from periwinkle cardstock for over the door and painted the roof periwinkle, then painted glitter glue over it. The gingerbread is a corner punch, so each one is glued on individually. I cut out the picket fence and glued it to the base. I added a wired vine garland around the whole base of the house too. The inside is painted yellow but the back wall is covered in a white floral glitter cardstock.
Miles of Smiles,


No comments: