March 4, 2010

Birthdays Wall Organizer

Here's a pic of a quick little project I threw together the other day. I needed something I could hang in my office and see birthdays and anniversaries at a glance. I started with a 12x12 piece of chipboard and covered it with a neutral cardstock on each side. I cut 12 pieces of patterned paper into 4 x6 rectangles and inked the edges. I attached them to the chipboard piece, added buttons and attached spring clips. I created a calendar for each month and printed them out on vellum. I wanted the calendar pages to be removable in case I need to add birthdays or anniversaries; I can just update it and print it out again. I can also clip up finished cards waiting to be mailed. I punched holes in the top, tied ribbon through, and hung it on my wall. If I had put more thought into it, I would have added a cute border punched edge, but like I said, I threw it together pretty quickly.

Miles of Smiles,

No comments: