April 6, 2010

Sleeping Beauty Baby Door Sign

Here is my latest design for the Bitten By The Bug2 Challenge. We were to use the baby in the sling cut from the New Arrival cartridge. I created a door sign for a baby's room. I started with a piece of textured yellow cardstock and punched a border all around the edge. I inked it with pink. I rounded the corners of a piece of blue stars patterned paper, inked the edges, and attached it to the cardstock. I cut out the baby in cream cardstock, chalked the edges in pink and drew on the features with colored pencils; and cut the sling from a pink striped paper that I inked the edges of, added a button and the chipboard Bundle of Joy. Now don't be upset about what I'm about to say....but I cut off the baby's arm!...but rounded the shoulder so it looks like his arms are safely tucked away in the sling. Disclaimer: *NO DIECUTS WERE HURT IN THE MAKING OF THIS PROJET!* lol I attached the baby with 2 layes of foam tape. I put the letter stickers that spell Sleeping Beauty onto scraps of yellow cardstock and cut freehand rectangles around them, then inked them in...wait for it....Pink! (Are you seeing a trend here??) And then attached them with foam dots too. I added buttons to the corners, flowers with pearl brads, an event ticket, and a sheer pink ribbon hanger tied through the top corners. I also put a dainty line of glitter glue around the sling, the letter blocks, and the event ticket just to give it a little sparkle. I thought it was kind of funny to use the Admit One event ticket cuz baby naps are usually when everyone wants to go in and take a peek at the baby and ooh and aww over them. It's kind of like "Admit One...Let the Baby Sleep In Peace". lol Go see the other designer's take on this cut over at BBTB2. They are all so cute!






Miles of Smiles,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO, SO CUTE, Melissa!!! Love all the pretty pastels and your fun embellies!

signs plaques said...

I like the concept Mel,very creative.I'm sure the family will be surprise and happy for these.

canvas wall art said...

Very creative,you have a nice details and looks like a scrapbook.I'm sure many will be amaze and appreciate your effort for giving a personalize door sign.