August 23, 2010

Hosting BBTB2 This Week!

I am the host on Bitten By The Bug2 this week! I chose the flamingo cut from Life's a Beach, or any flamingo cut. The catch was to NOT make the flamingo pink. So, I cut my flamingo from a blue/green striped cardstock, backed with another flamingo cut from dark brown cardstock. I outlined the flamingo with a fine black pen and drew the facial features. I also drew the "fishnet" stockings (isn't that hilarious?). I attached her to the card with foam dots. I used a blue cardstock for the card and overlapped it three quarters of the width with dark brown cardstock. I used a border punch on the pink shoe cardstock for the eyelet edge. I cut out the shoes from Summer in Paris in various colors of glitter cardstock backed with dark brown and a teenie-beenie rhinestone. The sentiment is chipboard. I added a few premade flowers. Finally, I tied some ribbon onto a bronze glittery bobby pin and attached it to the upper left corner of the card. I hope you like! Please go check out the other designers takes on this week's challenge at BBTB2!






Miles of Smiles,

8 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG!!!! This is certainly one of my FAVES! this week! Too too cute and I ADORE the fishnets! xxD

Susan Edwards said...

Melissa, great cut choice this week and FABULOUS card!! I love all of the shoes with the flamingo. Awesome.

xx Susan

Regina Easter said...

FANTASTIC CHALLENGE this week...i so love your card..hugs

GiuliaG. said...

Your card cracked me up...I love the sentiment and the fishnets are so adorable...love love love this one!

**Treefrog** said...

Melissa I just LOVE this card! Love the fishnets and the saying is great, what girl doesn't love shoes, LOL! And what a fun challenge this was to think outside the box! So much fun this week!
Froggie ((Hugs)) Theresa

A Little Time said...

This. Is. SOOOOOOO. Cute!!! I love it!! What a cool and creative idea.

Karen Pinsonat said...

love this, so fun!

Annesphamily said...

I am a shoe person so this is making me smile so much! I love this striped flamingo! Anne