April 10, 2011

Be Original

OK, so if I have to explain a card, I suppose I didn't quite get my point across, right?  LOL  My friend gave me a challenge to use the {ugly} red silk daisy she had. It had a yellow fuzzy center and yeah, it was pretty hideous. I happened to have the daisy patterned paper, and I thought, Oh I know what to do! I started with a red cardstock base, layered with the daisy patterned paper.  I took the ugly daisy apart, adjusted the petals, and put it back together with a cool blue polka dotted brad. I layered the red daisy to a pale yellow cardstock, centered it on the card, and Stickled the black "eyelashes" and edges of the daisy petals. I put the "Be Original" rub-on onto pale yellow cardstock, tore the edges, and matted it with red cardstock. Finally I added the blue metal dots to the corners, to pick up on the blue in the center of the daisy.  OK, now look at the background paper...all the same white daisies, with yellow polka dotted centers....Now look at the one, unique red daisy with a blue polka dotted center....Get it???  Be Original!  Oh well, it gets lost on some.  What can I do?  LOL

Miles of Smiles,

1 comment:

Scrapsofstuff/Daphne said...

Ok..ok..so sometimes I'm slow! But I do think it's a pretty card. LOL