April 10, 2011

Secret Sister Swap: Altered Container

Back in December at our Merry Christmas Crop, we decided to have a Secret Sister Swap. This weekend we finally got to swap our creations and find out who our secret sister was. It was really fun, and ohmygoodness, those girls just make the coolest stuff! We had to make three items: an altered container, a spring/Easter item, and something to hang in your scrap room.  This is the altered container I made. I took one of those plastic photo boxes and jazzed it up. I added a coordinating ribbon handle, patterned paper cover, embellished with acetate swirlies, paper flowers, felt flowers, a felt bird, rhinestones, and alphabet stickers.  I also added a coordinating strip to the edge. I thought it would be good to use to hold photos (duh!), or maybe store and transport other embellies for a project my swap sister would be working on.

Miles of Smiles,


No comments: