July 2, 2012

Sunshine Friend

It's Monday and that means another weekly challenge at BBTB2! This weeks challenge is to use a sunshine in our project. I chose the sunshine from Life's A Beach. I really liked the look of this sun cut. It was kind of classy looking. It reminded me of a piece of pottery artwork that would be hanging on the wall in somebody's house. I started the card with a teal 6x6 card base. I distressed the background paper and covered the card. I cut the sun and layer at 5" from mosaic patterned paper and orange cardstock. I used the negative from the layer cut to add a second level of rays behind the sun. I cut the sun in half and added it to the left side of the card. I Stickled the outline layer in copper. I cut a vellum phrase to fit the top of the card, and embellished the card with cork flowers, buttons and more copper Stickles.


Miles of Smiles,




11 comments:

Jayne said...

Wonderful card Melissa,I agree it does look like one of the pottery sun artworks.
Jayne x

Sandi said...

sweet card, love the buttons, hugs

Carole Beath said...

those buttons seal the deal, love the sun peeking in...
Carole

Brenda said...

Wow this is an awesome card! I love that sun too and reminds me of some pottery that would be hanging in a home too. I love the paper you used to cut your sun out in-so beautiful, the background paper is gorgeous, love the buttons on your card too, your sentiment is beautiful-just a super duper awesome card! hugs

Jeri said...

Love, love, love how you put the the sunshine off the edge and added the sparkle.

Anonymous said...

Melissa, what a beautiful sun. Love the sparkle and the way you used the buttons.

Glenda said...

Lovely card Melissa! Love the position of the card and the stickles! Buttons look great with the flowers! Great sentiment!
Glenda

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Melissa is so pretty! I love the teal and copper together. The background paper is perfect. Reminds me of the wind. I love the way you cut the beautiful sun to only show part of it and that the flowers go off the page. Thanks for being a part of my "Sun Challenge."

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous Melissa! So very artsy. I love it! Fab embellies too. xxD

shelly said...

oh wow melissa this is just an awesome card.

Curko said...

WOWSERS Melissa..what a stunning card! I love how you used glitter to outline the sun. VERY CUTE :0)