July 30, 2012

Summer Days

Welcome to another weekly challenge at Bitten By The Bug2. This week's challenge is to use any cut of a farm animal in a project. I made a card using the pony from Four Legged Friends. I gave the pony rhinestone eyes and a leather muzzle strap. I attached the pony to a patterned cardstock background. I colored and cut out the sitting Magnolia image and attached her with foam dots. I added a border punched polka dot paper to the bottom and the right edge. I adhered two different washi tapes to the upper left corner, and some banner stickers. I cut out ice cream images from patterned cardstock, layered them and attached them with foam dots. I gave the girl an ice cream cone puffy sticker. I added red rhinestones to both ice cream cones. I attached the name of the paper (summer days) to a piece of cardstock and used it as a phrase for the card. Finally I added a few felt flowers with rhinestones. I had no idea where I was going with this project. I knew I wanted to use the pony but no clue in what regard. The ice cream cones were kind of an "Aha!" moment. It's been so hot here, no wonder ice cream is on my mind. LOL Enjoy! And treat yourself to some more crafty goodness at BBTB2!



Miles of Smiles,

6 comments:

Sandi said...

I love little tilda on the pony and that is the bestest ice cream cone ever, hugs

Brenda said...

What a cute and yummy card! I love your horse and I love the washi tape in the corner and love Tilda sitting on the horse with her ice cream!! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Love your whimsical pony. Great colors. Super cute.

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG!!!! Your pony is to DIE FOR! Love this fabulously colorful take on the chllenge. you ROCK! xxD

~JulieH~ said...

Oh this is so fabulous Melissa! I love Tilda on her little pony
Hugs
Juliexx

Penny'sfromHeavenreborn Nursery said...

This is such a fun fun card, I love all the great colors,Tilda is my Favorite, great card...

Hugs