May 20, 2016

Patriotic Starburst


I made this really cool patriotic starburst last night. I'm totally smitten! I was trying to find some way to create "fireworks"-looking designs on my entry wall in our home. None of the cutting templates I saw fit the bill. I happened to be perusing my Anna Griffin library in Cricut Design Space when I came across this image, from the Anna Griffin Christmas cartridge. Immediately my mind went to a patriotic theme! I was really excited, I couldn't wait to make it. I sized it in design space, figured out the colors, and then when I cut the first blue layer, BAM! I realized I needed a new blade. Which I did not have on hand (I know, riiight?). So I had to wait, first to get my blades, then to find time to sit back down and try it. Last night proved fruitful! The starburst is about 11 inches, assembled in 3D fashion with large foam dots between the layers. I added pieces of a wire star garland from the Dollar Tree. I just slid the cut pieces of garland in between the layers. What you don't see here, is that I also added glitter glue to the ends of the starburst. That really gave it a "fireworks" feel! I'll be making more tonight! Maybe other sizes too. 


Have a great weekend!

Miles of Smiles!

No comments: