May 12, 2016

Tropical Luau!

Here is the latest party I planned, created, and decorated for. It was my supervisor's 60th birthday. I went with a tropical Luau theme. What was fabulous was that I happened to walk into a Dollar Tree store and they just got a pile of new luau inventory! I had some supplies from several years ago, so I just added to it. 

First I decorated mini water bottles in a hula theme with paper "grass" skirts. The tops are cupcake liners turned upside down. I topped the lid with a yellow flower.


I trimmed the hula girl table covers to fit the odd sized conference table. I just taped them to the top of the table, then covered the whole table with scrunched up plastic table covers. 

I used my pink garden flamingos as the centerpiece, surrounded by pineapples, hula girls, palm fronds, beach balls, and sea shells. I cut out the palm fronds on my Cricut, 2 different sizes.

I found the coolest large palm tree wall banners at Party City. I had the tiki heads from years ago. On the wall are also small rhinestone pineapples which were so cool. I left them on their clear backing sheet and cut around them, then taped them to the wall. A little bling goes a long way! 

The giant foil "60" numbers I handmade last year for a friend's 60th birthday, so they came in handy again. I put them on top of the desk leaning against the wall next to an inflatable palm tree, hula girls, and pineapples. I printed out the vintage hula girl print and put it in the frame.

The "valance" over the windows is literally the cut off printed edge of dollar tree table covers. That's a parrot print.  The beverage table used the same table cover. 

I hung flower leis on the door so people could put one on as they entered the party. 

It was a fabulous party, if I do say so myself. Everybody brought food and drinks and we got to socialize for a little while. And now I have a cool stash of luau party supplies for future use. 







Miles of Smiles,

No comments: