February 7, 2012

Shaker Ornament

Here is another lost project. It is a shaker ornament I created using a cardboard tape core (the inside of a roll of tape). I painted the tape core white and attached it to a flower shaped background that I cut from the Cricut. I cut out a deer and bare trees for inside and outside the shaker. I added mica flake inside the shaker, and pearls and Stickles for sparkle. I cut an acetate circle to cover the shaker, inked the edges with white, and attached it to the ornament. I added a tree to the outside of the acetate, and a wire ribbon hook for hanging. On the outside of the tape core, I laid down white glue and covered with more mica flake. I think this turned out very "wintery" and I like the teal and brown colors and the mica snow.

Miles of Smiles,



No comments: