February 7, 2012

Baby Bench

This is a little bench I made for a friend's daughter on her first birthday. I painted the bench yellow, edged the top with purple, stamped purple swirls along the top, then accented the base with purple splatter paint. I dry brushed pink in each area where the images would go. I decoupaged all the butterflies/dragonflies. The words are foam stamps that I double stamped, first with pink paint, then with periwinkle paint. I added the letter stickers and glitter bubbles; and I hand wrote my message on the bottom of the bench. I then sealed it all with several coats of decoupage sealer.  I think it's the perfect size for a one year old.  It can be a bench, a stepstool, or even a little table for tea parties! I hope it is something she will keep for a long time.  :)

Miles of Smiles,





1 comment:

2amscrapper said...

This is fantastic!