March 16, 2013

Fountain in Light


I wish the photos could express how lovely this fountain was at night. We were on a tour of Savannah and I wasn't sure if we were stopping in the square, so I took the far away shots first, but then had the opportunity to get a close up. I love fountains and water features (if you haven't noticed), but there's something genuinely romantic about a fountain lit up at night. I used Graphic 45 cardstock for the backgrounds and a small scrap of Kay&Co. map patterned paper. I cut out the middle of the Graphic 45 leaving only the butterfly border, but then using another Graphic 45 pattern behind it. I had some old raffle tickets in my bag, so I distressed them and used them as a divider between the top and bottom left photos. I embellished the layout with paper lace, bling, a butterfly puffy sticker, quote sticker, and the piece de resistance: the loopy ribbon flower (see video here), which I handmade.

Miles of Smiles,



No comments: