March 16, 2013

Hanging Tree

This is a wee bit of a creepy photo, but you wouldn't know it. In walking around Savannah I noticed this wonderful old tree, stretching it's limbs far and wide. I took my photo during the day as we walked by, but later that night on our tour, we were told it is called the "Hanging Tree" and is a historical landmark tree more than 300 years old! At one point, people were hung to their deaths from this tree. It was eerie at night! But night is the most fantastic time to wander around the city. I started this layout with Graphic 45 cardstock and some scraps of black, striped, and newsprint papers. I cut out the boy, moon and stars from an old decoupage sheet I had, and pop dotted the stars. I used polka dot washi tape for borders, and ruffled it in some places for a nice effect. I also created a washi tape rose for the tag. This layout was finished off with some paper lace, bling, ribbons, Stickles, and another handmade loopy flower (see video here), this one created from brown felt spritzed with gold Perfect Pearls mist.

Miles of Smiles,




No comments: