July 7, 2007

Product Review Friday...on Saturday

Ok, so I'm a day late (and usually a dollar short, hehe) with the Product Review. I know, I know, I skipped last Friday. So here it is, no more grief please! LOL

Product: Cutterfly


Purchased Through: Oriental Trading

Cost: $17 - $20


Review: As soon as I saw this, I think my jaw dropped! LOL My first thought was "Swiss Army Knife for girls" Maybe that's a little sexist, but that's what came to mind! Perhaps "Swiss Army Knife for crafters" is a better label. At any rate I could not wait to get it. Overall I think it is very cool. It says there are 11 tools here, but that's sort of a stretch. They think the end of the distresser can also be used as a screwdriver. Hmmm...not what I was thinking of in terms of a screwdriver. As a keychain, well, it's a little too hefty to put my house key and car key on (that's not good for your ignition) but I do carry it around in my purse. I feel like I could start crafting at the drop of a hat, anytime, anyplace with this little guy. hehe It needs to be "broken in" so to speak, cuz at first it is a little hard to open and get the little tools out, but gets easier the more I use it. Also, once I choose my tool, I can close it back up with just that tool out, giving it more of a handle. The keychain gets tucked up inside too so it doesn't get in the way. The ruler only comes out 11 inches. (I though that was a little wierd too, not 12 inches?? what's up with that?) I like all the tools though, like the necessary scissors, tweezers, ruler, plus the ones that may not be so necessary, but fun to have on hand, like the paper piercer, distresser, and stylus. It really is handy to have tucked in my purse or in my car even for "non-crafting" emergencies, like my sweet hub trying to open his new CD. :) I recommend it if you are the kind of person who wants to feel like you are prepared to craft at a moment's notice, or just cuz you want to carry around a really cool compact tool!
Have a great weekend!
Miles of Smiles,
--Melissa