July 2, 2007

So Far Behind

Well, there goes my winning streak of blogging every day! HaHa. I knew it wouldn't last. Last week was crazy busy! I was working on a wooden chest for my nephew's first birthday, plus cards, swaps, and DT challenge. Phew! Now things are a little more calm. Yay! Had a wonderful weekend "back home." Got to see lots of my relatives, so that was cool. The weather was fantastic as well. So here are some things I made recently....

This first one was for a monogram swap. The card itself is a buttery yellow. The background paper has glitter all over it {I just love pre-glittered papers :)} A piece of vellum, then the "E" with glitter on it as well, wrapped with beaded wire and attached with pop dots. And the "fringe" is some fibers that are usually twisted, but I just untwisted it to make it look like a real fringe.


This next one was for my nephew's first birthday. I embossed the card with bubbles, attached the patterned paper behind the frames, vellum behind the smaller frame, glittered all the letters, and attached the epoxy giraffe with pop dots. I also used green glitter around the smaller frame. I made a matching envelope too out of the patterned paper.


Miles of Smiles,
--Melissa