January 24, 2010

Sweet Treats Birdhouse

This is the birdhouse I have been working on. Yep, it's a birdhouse! It began as an unfinished wooden cabin. I painted the logs to look like striped candy sticks. The ends of the logs have "candy button" flower stickers on them. I attached the cupcake stickers to chipboard and cut them out. Some are attached inside the house and some are attached outside. I painted the chimney to match the present in the doorway. The roof was painted an aqua blue and while the paint was still wet I lightly sprinkled glitter on it. When dry I dotted it with pink Stickles glitter glue. I stuffed a piece of styrofoam into the chimney and stuck in pieces of curled wire ribbon and silver stars attached to wires. It sparkles and shines and it really does look "sweet." I sent it to my partner in a swap I signed up for. The swap is to make 1 house per month so at the end of the year you have 12 decorated houses. Some months have a theme, such as this one which was Sweet Shop. I haven't received the one from my partner yet, but I am looking forward to it.




Miles of Smiles,

2 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG Melissa! This is as cute as can be! Honestly it's as sweet as candy and I love your techniques. Fabulous! xxD

Nikki said...

This is so beyond awesome!! that is the coolest!