January 12, 2018

New Post!


Gosh it's been a while since my last post. The last months of the year are always a whirlwind of activity. Starting about mid-September. There is usually something going on every weekend for us. It started this year in September with Hurricane Irma. Then it was our vacation out to Colorado, North Dakota, and Wyoming. Then the B's birthday. October, Halloween festivities. November, the Anna Griffin Create event in Atlanta, my birthday, Thanksgiving, the 'rents visit. Decorating for Christmas. B's work holiday party. Disney Holiday Hotel Hopping Extravaganza (H3E). Christmas pot luck at work. Our house Christmas party. Christmas break. Our year to travel North to visit family (which is it's own mini whirlwind). 

And now it's the new year. Looking back at 2017 there were a lot of disappointments and heart break. Probably one of the worst years, at least in terms of the overall amount of negativity. I try to remember that my challenges, heart break, and difficulties are small compared to others. But it still gets to me. It still makes me scared, or makes me cry, or makes me angry. It crushes my spirit, just a little bit, then a little bit more, and even more. And then I have to get up each day and pretend like it doesn't. Because that's what people expect from me. To be happy, enthusiastic, supportive, understanding, upbeat, easygoing, free spirited, thoughtful, and engaging. So instead of bringing everyone around me down, I will quietly cry on my commute, or before I fall asleep, or in the bathroom at work. I can pretend to be normal for everyone else, and one day I will again be those things that they all expect without me having to work at it. It just takes time. That's life. And yeah, it's pretty depressing. And for anyone reading this, hang on, I'm changing the tone....

 There were many really cool experiences in 2017 too. I have to remember that. January, the Rolex 24 race with some dear friends (go pink car!). Our trip to Louisville to see the largest fireworks display in the US, and the Hunger Games museum tour. Night tour of the haunted Waverly Hills Sanatorium. Our first cruise! Summer half-day Friday lunches with friends. The solar eclipse! Fourth of July dinner at Disney with friends. Full family and extended family vacation at Disney. Our vacation to Colorado/North Dakota/Wyoming: national monuments and historic hotels galore. Meeting Anna Griffin at the Create event on my birthday weekend! The Annabelles. Disney H3E. Kirwan Christmas Party. Visiting the spot where General Washington crossed the Delaware River on Christmas night.

So there you have it. Every bad side has a good side. Every tear, a smile. Here's a few pics from the last year to remind me that things aren't all bad, and there's lots of good things to come.


 Miles of Smiles (cuz that's what you expect, right?)

























No comments: