January 26, 2018

Valentine Blues

I think of this card as "non-traditional" Valentine colors. I mean I'm sure vintage Valentines have blue in them, but I feel like recent years the usual reds and pinks are prevalent.

I can say this card is 100% Anna Griffin. Wait, dang it. Ok well if you don't count the glitter glue, blue sequins, and ink. lol Close enough.

The card base is a pale green with some pink. I cut the blue die cut in half and attached each piece at an angle in opposite corners. I added a blue sequin to each piece. I then added a Valentine collage topper and tucked a couple green die cut leaves under it. The flower is made of different die cuts, inked and curled, with a blue sequin in the center. 

The pink heart die cut is tricky. After I die cut the inside heart (as seen on the previous card), I realized I could cut closely around the negative space to get an outline heart. I attached it with teenie-beanie foam dots. Finally I added gold glitter glue to the heart, the flower centers, and the stamens/petals of the blue die cut flower.

Maybe this could be a more "masculine" Valentine? Who knows.

Remember come find me and my sista on Instagram sharing our Anna Griffin fan crafts and other fun stuff: TheAnnabelles.

Thanks!


Miles of Smiles.

No comments: