January 12, 2018

Steampunk Christmas Tree

First I will start with the Steampunk tree all decorated. I will show the individual ornaments I used on the tree in a separate post. For now, here is our Christmas Steampunk Tree! I made so many of the ornaments on this tree. I think the most I ever made for one tree. I worked on the idea all year. I am glad it turned out as I had envisioned it. Lots of metallic colors, bronze, copper, silver and gold. And although I wanted a Steampunk theme, I still wanted it to be Christmas. Like the deer are Christmas-y, but they have a Steampunk twist. And there's an angel on top, but she's embossed and cut metal. The traditional round ball ornaments are metallic shades of brown, bronze, copper, silver, and mercury glass. Snowflakes are copper glitter gears. The garland is handpainted paper gears strung together with beads. Icicles are copper wire springs and tiny glass vials. Snowmen are made from nuts, washers, and clock hands. You get the idea. When I first started researching ideas for a Steampunk tree, I found very little. And most information I did find did not give good instructions or sources. So I was pretty much on my own, which is why I made so many ornaments. But now, maybe someone else out there will find this post and the next and get some good ideas for a Steampunk Christmas tree. I can only hope.
Steampunk deer and top hat

Various handmade ornaments here

Silver owls, keys, metal orbs

Angel wings & copper springs, keys, top hat, garland

Garland, key, spring, orb, ball ornaments, top hat

Steampunk deer and metal handmade ornaments

Nuts, washer, and clock hands snowman (sorry fuzzy pic)

Handmade key plate ornament with beads

Pocket watch, top hat, Edison light

Vintage frame with Steampunk Santa image

Lots of ornaments, garland & Edison bulbs

The lovely metal angel tree topper

No comments: